Our Lil Peanut

Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Week Down....

This week has been a whirlwind! Monday, we had our final hospital tour (at Sutter) and we have made our decision on which one. Hopefully our lil bundle grants me the option of being able to deliver at my choice AND allows me to pick a room WITH a rocking massage tub. Wednesday we had our follow up appt with my OB. We heard Drew's heartbeat (low in my tummy) and scheduled my next few visits. I gained 6 WHOPPING pounds in the last month, so I am up to a total of 15 and told that is excellent! Thursday was a Hell of a work day for me. I didn't get home until super late. And today I worked out crazy style at my aquatics class. So I am pooped!

The GD thing got a little frustrating this week! I am finding that no matter how much I stay busy after dinner, my sugars are just staying too high! I talked to my councilor today and was told that for every minute my sugars stay above 120 my Drew is GROWING at a accelerated rate - so if I cannot get busy and VERY active then to just snack on proteins and veggies until I know I can. It is all just so frustrating. What worked for me yesterday, doesn't necessarily work for me the next day and so on. I have run out of things to clean in the house. I actually went outside and pulled weeds in a desperate attempt to kill the sugars! It is just difficult to stay active when you are very prego and need rest! Napping after a meal is out of the question.

On another note, my shower is just around the corner! Two weeks away! I can't believe it! I am stressing that I am going to get a lot of clothes (too small to fit Drew) and not enough of the necessities. But after talking to a lot of other mommies, I have learned it is a common fear! I have to say, I LOVE getting gifts via mail! It is like Christmas every week! lol. I just hope everyone has a good time and we can all celebrate what Jerry and I have worked so hard to make!

Ok, so I am going to go sneak a nap in now....

No comments: