The first weekend with Diabetes went well. I managed to keep my blood sugar in good ranges although it was a guessing game sometimes. I woke up on Saturday with a mondo-headache and not a thing I could eat for breakfast that was on my approved list, so I had to go to the store and didn't eat until later in the AM - that was a real moment. But all in all I feel like for now I have a grip on it. I just hope my body cooperates and I will not have to keep changing my regimen to make it all work and remain off insulin shots for good. But one day at a time. The one thing I am struggling with is the constant thought of scheduling and what I am eating and what I am going to eat and when I have too...It is bothersome. I feel like a slave to a schedule and food already! I hate that! I feel like all I am ever doing is eating or thinking about eating. And when I am done, thinking about when I need to test. But all I can do is go one day at a time and hope for the best!
On a more positive note - My Mommy took me shopping this weekend and spoiled me rotten! She has been pressing me for awhile to go out, but I always feel so weird having money spent on me. But I needed new slip ons since tying my shoes is becoming an ordeal...and we have not hung out together just the two of us, so I caved. It was quite the experience....MAN and I looking prego! But all in all we found some cute stuff - including my outfit for the shower...so all was fun!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment