Our Lil Peanut

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Its All About the Baby

I am finding there just isn't much sympathy out there for my woes...well except for my Hubby. He knows how much I am going through to grow our lil B and makes sure I get soothed just a little - lol. After all - once the baby gets here, it will be alllll about him, so why not play-cate a mommy to be just a little!

The last two weeks have been a roller-coaster! I hit 6 mos with flying colors and just kept on chugging! This week, Drew changed positions. And let me tell to you - that was no day at the beach for mommy! Man, did it hurt and make me one uncomfortable cookie. And to think, he is just going to get bigger and MORE active in there! He went from being Breech Transverse (feet down facing forward) to what is my best guess - now being Breech facing backwards! So, he is currently jumping on my bladder and spine like it is a trampoline! I am so thrilled as a mom to be entertaining her son with her own body parts - really I am.......

I remember my girlfriend Kristina when she was prego....she used to walk into our office every morning glowing....one morning at about 6 mos she walked in with this scowl on her face....I asked her what was wrong.....and at this point she drops her shoulders and exclaims - 'I'M DONE, I AM JUST FRIGGIN DONE! I DON'T WANT TO BE PREGNANT ANYMORE!" I just chuckled and apologized because I didn't know what she meant - but now I do! Since this pregnancy is just about him and ME getting bigger - you would just rather he be here already so you can get your body and a little bit of yourself back. FAT CHANCE!

Anyway, before I spiral too far - lol! I really am enjoying my lil miracle and my hubby's admiration for it all. The best parts of us are in me and I still can't believe it. We got our first baby-shower gift! Uncle Randall and Auntie Charlotte purchased Drew's mobile and blanky off our registry! They ARE SO CUTE! I assembled the mobile the moment it arrived and LOVE IT! I know he will just be facinated by it! And the blanky is so soft! I look at it and I wonder if it will be THE BLANKET that Drew attaches himself too - we shall see......

1 comment:

Corinne NY said...

Aww I hope not! Auntie Coco is making one for him with LOVE. Maybe 2 if he is lucky! Gotta have a spare when one is dirty he he.