Our Lil Peanut

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

6 Mos Milestone

I find it extremely pleasing that I would reach my 6mos milestone on my Hubby's 30th birthday. I can't believe the "boy" I fell in love with at 18 is now 30 and I am now carrying his lil boy in my belly! How much more amazing can life be? I have too many blessing to count!

Last night I couldn't help but feel a little panicked that my Hubby only had hours left in his twenties. I am not one to look at aging as a scary thing. But I just felt a little sad because he was turning 30 and it seems like we were two teenagers in love just yesterday! Time passes to damn quickly. It is so important to live your life with eyes wide open - However, most of us tend to live life with eyes wide shut....I hope I am blessed with at LEAST another 70 years with him! He is just the most special person to me....well aside from his son growing inside of me.

We were sitting on the couch last night and I had pulled my shirt up and off my belly (something I look forward to doing at the end of my day) and I was shocked to see Andrew's lil kick visible!!!! All the books say that this isn't something that happens until after 28weeks - but our lil Drew is again ahead of the curve! He was popping my belly again and again - it was amazing! Unfortunately, Jerry didn't see it, but he sure as hell felt it! I love sharing tummy time with him. I never thought I would like my Hubby rubbing any fat on my belly - but now it is the most soothing thing in the world!

This week has just been full of so much and it is only Wed......Saturday, was our 1yr anniversary of discovering our 1st pregnancy was no longer viable. And a year ago Monday, I was preparing for surgery to have my lil angel separated from my body - but not my soul. I can't believe it has been a year already. It is true that my scars have faded from the surface, but underneith it all - they are alway there. Being pregnant now - doesn't replace what should have been - but it makes me thankful even more for what I have! And with so many of my fellow Angel-Mommies that I met exactly a year ago getting prego along side of me now - I can't help but feel stronger and more confident that we ALL will get what our hearts desire the most - to be mommies!

I spent the weekend surrounded by family and laughing and day dreaming of the days to come. But with it all, I still didn't forget to honor the little one I will forever hold in my heart and not in my arms. And when my lil Andrew gets here - I will give him the kisses that I so deeply want to give my lil angel.

And thankfully I have Drew's CONSTANT nudges to remind me to smile and keep the faith! I can't wait to see him!

1 comment:

Corinne NY said...

Awww **HUG** Didnt realize it was a yr already... **BIG HUG**