Our Lil Peanut

Monday, November 3, 2008

So Many Mixed Emo's

So last night just before I went to bed my mind started wondering like it typically does. However, this "mind trip" was an emotional one. I freaked out as to whether or not I am REALLY ready to be a mommy. Not in the sense that - will I be able to care for my child, but rather do I possess enough character and substance to shape another life. With the exception of getting married and staying happily married, I really do not feel like I have accomplished much to be proud of. I want my child to see me as someone to look up to and to want to be like. When I REALLY see myself, I just see someone who "fakes it really well." I have fear that I will continue to fake it, until I am seen as a fraud. I have big ideas but I usually quit before the finish line. It would be great to be able to finish something and be proud and successful. I know that success is in the creative mind's eye....but how do you bring yourself from just being creative to actually being successful?

Man I would love to just mentally check out for a bit. Thinking can be tiring!

No comments: