Our Lil Peanut

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Victory is MINE!

Today I went in to get my prenatal blood work done and luck would have it - I got the F'ing C-Biscuit as my phelotomist again! Now I had sworn up and down that I would ask for someone else if I was to happen upon her again....however I decided against it. There was a long wait and I didn't want to have to wait any longer. So we went into her booth and before I could even sit down I said...."Would you mind using the small needle on me? They tend to work better and not collapse my veins." I got no response. She just went about shuffling the various viles she would be filling and assigning them stickers. Well once she was done, she got the needle pkg out and prepped my vein. She poked it in and -YES - there was no pain. Then she says, "Smaller needles just take longer.." to which my reply was - "I don't mind if you don't." Which seemed to shut her the hell up. Well then she switches gears and decides to compliment me on my necklace. She asked if I had made it, I told her no and it was a gift from my sister.....Then I added - "It is a miscarriage survivor necklace." And this changed her sour-puss attitude all together! HA! She gave me the standard apologies and I switch topic to this pregnancy. She chatted nicely as the viles filled and I was lucky to get out of there with NO PAIN and my vein still intact.....Heck she even wished me luck.

Don't you just love happy endings!

PS - I can't believe I am 8weeks AKA 2MONTHS PREGO TODAY!!!!!!

2 comments:

Corinne NY said...

Glad the necklace came in handy ;0)XO.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of your little peanut... I can't wait to see you waddle...
Love,
Granny