skip to main |
skip to sidebar
New Year, New Beginning
S
o, Jer and I had made the resolve to clean out the "crack den" we had going and start cleaning and prepping it for the nursery. Now, I do not want to give you the wrong impression that we owned a room in which we smoked crack in. However, we decided at the beginning of this pregnancy to switch our bedroom from the middle room to the corner room, and in the process threw every misc. item, clothes and boxes in the middle room...making it look like a house that had been vacated in the middle of the night due to an eviction...it really looked like a disaster only suitable to housing junkies - not a baby. So we cleared it out and drug in the hand carved cradle that Jer's Aunt gave to us, pulled our new bedding set out of the packaging and hung it up to air out....and so Peanut's nursery has begun.
Upon pulling out the bedding we also discovered a wondrous thing - WE DO NOT HAVE TO REPAINT THE ROOM!!!!! When we moved in, we decided to paint our room a cheery, sunny yellow and thankfully enough it matches the bed set theme we picked out! It actually mellows the color out quite a bit! So instead of priming and repainting the room, we are just going to add some sage accents here and there and tie it all together! We found ourselves just going into the room from time to time later in the day and admiring it for what it was and what it was about to become. It is officially my FAVORITE room in the house! I can't wait to get my glider so I can just sit in there and chill-out and drink it all in.I am finding it hard to not go in there now and just nest! lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment