Well, I officially had my first close call! I was at work yesterday (Nannying) and I pulled a bone head move. I walked right into the gate arm at the house I work at and took a blow directly across my lower abdomen. I practically doubled over the thing. What a shock to my system! I immediately thought, "oh god the baby!" After getting into the house I went to the rest room to check for bleeding or fluid leaking....luckily there was none - but man did my baby oven ever hurt! Well I sat for a bit to let things settle, felt a little better and went back to work. Well by the time I got home and started relaxing, I started having these pulsing pains about every 10min or so. So I busted out the baby books and read up on abdominal trauma and what to do. I called the ER and asked the advice nurse and she advised me to come in. The ER at 10:30pm? What a hell whole! Well we got back out of bed, made the drive, checked in at 10:30 and didn't get discharged until 3:45am!!!!!!
At first a nurse attempted to hear the heartbeat with a fetal Doppler - that didn't work since the baby was so wiggly and far back. Then I waited for another 1.5 hrs to see the Doc....who ordered an ultrasound and also wanted to admit me to the Labor and Delivery Dept to monitor what they considered contractions. Then Bob came in....Bob butchered me with and IV line....I hate Bob!
Once we finally got into the u/s we saw that our baby was just dandy. We even saw it suck its thumb and wave us off like we were bothering it....go figure. They checked my placenta and uterine wall and all seemed to be intact and no trauma. The tech even tried to confirm the sex but no luck.
Well she wheeled me back into the ER where we sat for another hour. bob came back and told me that they were just waiting on L&D to come get me and they were going to hold me for a few hours while they monitored me and the baby.....well another 45min passed - nobody. Finally Bob came back and told me I would be staying put in the ER for another hour to be monitored since L&D doesn't admit patients less then 20weeks. So at this point Jer and I just lost all hope of ever getting home and seeing our bed at a reasonable hour. About 45min into the hour of "observation," I said screw it and demanded to go home. And it took another 45min + for that process.
So, needless to say - we are pooped! But still have to work! But we are just thrilled the baby and I are OK.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment